Thursday 13 December 2012

Radishes.....tickled pink

Sautéed Radishes...I still remember the first time I tasted radish...wayyyyy back in 1996 when TGIF opened in Vasant Vihar, I was one of those few hundred who stood in the queue for hours to get in...never before and never after do I remember queuing up to get in a restaurant...Caesar salad was among a dozen other things we orderedone  look at the radish in it and I went “eewwwwww”...was it the first time I was seeing a radish, no...was it the first time I was seeing a radish in Caesar salad, yeskept putting it aside and eating all around it...and then I don’t know why or when (OK, I know – got too drunk!!)I stock up on red radish when my Sabjiwalla Bhaiya is kind enough to get it for methey are hard to come byand I am not one of those who go to INA market on a regular basis to do veggie shopping...it is too far and I am too lazy...there are quite a few ways I make these at home...none of them desiand before you ask...no, I never ever make Caesar salad at homethinly sliced raw radishes with salt & pepper, on a very generously buttered toast is one of my favoritestwo others listed below...and more, when I get my next stock



Radishe recipes mmskitchenbites



Sautéed Radishes


Ingredients:


  • Radishes, washed & scrubbed cleaned, don’t peel, thin slices or halved or quartered, 3
  • Butter, 1/2 tsp
  • Olive oil, a few drops, to avoid the butter from burning
  • Red wine vinegar, 1 tsp
  • Sugar, a pinch
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

Instructions:


Heat a pan on high heat and add butter  and oil. 

Add the radishes when butter starts bubbling and cook for about 2 to 5 minutes (depending on how you have cut the radishes ). 

Add the rest of the ingredients  and stir for a cpl of more minutes. Serve Hot.


Note:

  • Increase the quantity of  butter and oil when serving as a side dish to get some sauce, I normally eat them as is so a little butter and thinly sliced radishes work well.




Pickled Radishes


(recipe moved here )





2 comments:

  1. Have loads of fond memories of TGIF too! Was such a regular that when I would go walking early morning on Ring Road, the TGIF guys would wave to me and say Hello! Realised I was there a little too often :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!! have to tell you..stopped going to "Buzz" @ Saket because of the same reason...we couldn't handle the pouting if those guys saw us anywhere else!

      Delete